As far as I can remember, I had deeply desired freedom. The dictionary definition of freedom that I most relate to is “the power to act, speak, or think as one wants”. I wanted to be free from the expectations and double standards of the family I grew up in. I wanted to be free of the oppression of women that seems so ingrained in the Indian culture that women in my family simply accepted without question. I hated it, I hated every bit of it. I wanted to be free from the opinions and expectations of others, drama – trauma going on around me, from the sadness and the hopelessness.
Thank God! The Universe is always conspiring on our behalf. Somehow Universe had synchronised and I moved to New Zealand with my family. And then two years later, I moved out of home and I was free, technically. And then suddenly I didn’t know what to do with myself. I had all the freedom I had dreamed of and I was confused. For a few years, I went on in life trying new things but what I really wanted seemed to elude me.
One day, a dear friend introduced me to “The Secret” movie and said that it will really help me. And it absolutely did. I finally realized why I was getting glimpses of the results I wanted but not the results. My thoughts were so scattered. Looking back, ‘what I didn’t want’ was getting so much airtime in my mind and life. Since then, I have created a ritual of sitting down every so often and taking stock of my life. I ask myself a series of questions that generate the clarity I need to make informed choices that lead to the results I want.
Those questions go along the lines of:
- What is working in my life?
- What is not working in my life?
- What is the focus of majority of my thoughts on any given day?
- What do I really want? How will that make me feel? What feeling am I really after?
- What beliefs are serving me and what new beliefs do I need to support myself?
Clarity illuminates our choices.
- Being clear on what you want is imperative to reaching any dreams/goals you set for yourself.
- Crystal clarity on your goals allows you to make informed choices.
- Use your heart – how do you want to feel? (e.g. – you want a Ferrari – what feeling will you get from having that Ferrari?)
- Taking informed and inspired action leads to results you desire.
- Shift your focus from “I don’t want…” to clear knowing of your desires.
Clarity brings feelings of lightness and hope. The clearer you get, more certain you become. That certainty translates into confidence that tells the Universe that you mean business. And Universe loves to support clear confident people live the life of their dreams.
Are you clear on your dreams?
P.S.: All the things I wanted freedom from – I have it (after I focussed on how I wanted to express my freedom).