I don’t think I ever sat down and thought about what life would be like in my 30s. Actually, I didn’t think I would make it to 30 till I was about 28. I took a leap of faith, moved to Sydney and created a new, happy life for myself.
Now that I am 30, I want to live, really truly live. There have been many mistakes made and many many lessons learned. Here are the big ones:
- Mistakes will be made. Learn and move on (long term guilt is no good).
- Trust others but first and foremost trust yourself and your gut instincts. Your gut instincts will guide you home.
- Beauty really does come from within, the more loving (towards yourself and others) and kind you become, the nicer you look.
- All the good feelings like love, kindness, compassion must be directed towards yourself first, you can’t give from an empty vessel.
- Past and future are both illusions, make happiness in the now your ultimate goal.
- A word about goal setting: make them realistic – you will achieve them much faster and then you can set bigger goals.
- You want something, be prepared to ask for it (start with asking the Universe and deal with people later).
And if there was one thing I had the chance to tell my younger self knowing what I know now, I would say, “Sweetness, don’t let anyone else’s actions or behaviour define your worth. You are worthy of everything you desire, always believe in yourself no matter what.”
And I would say, “Well done, you have come a long way. Keep dreaming, you will go beyond the fondest of your dreams”.