I have moved across 3 countries in my 30 years of life and I have lived in different cities in those countries. I changed disciplines (multiple times) at university and I changed industries in my career. According to Numerology, my life path number is 5, which is the number of freedom and change. Freedom I know for sure is my highest value and I know I am truly happy and at ease when things are changing.
As a result of my need for change, I have made some very interesting friends – different age groups, different interests, different nationalities. As I moved places, the circle of friends changed. In saying that, I do cherish the friendships I have. But sometimes, they do come to an end (not in a dramatic way). Simply because, life goes on and people get busy. And sometimes because the two of you are no longer on the same page and that’s okay. Here are some of my tools that help me as I go through life:
- When you are changing, don’t expect others to change with you. Accept them where they are, they may not want to change and that’s their choice.
- Respect your choice to change instead of doubting yourself.
- If your currently relationships aren’t working, let them go (can be very tough and sad at times).
- Make room for new people to enter your life – those who will get you. Let them in.
- Expect that you deserve to have loving, supportive relationships and friendships. Because you truly do.
- This world is full of people – billions of them. You are supposed to make new connections over the span of your life.
- During transitions, stay true to yourself and know exactly what you want out of your relationships.
- Communicate your needs clearly (first to the Universe and then to those around you).
- And some of us do get lucky with a really solid friendship or two, treasure them all your heart and never take them for granted.
You can’t live life and escape change. As the saying goes, “Change is the only constant in life”. Why not embrace it?
Say it with me, “I welcome change with open arms”.
Say it as many times as you need to until your body relaxes into it.
It may even leave you feeling excited and exhilarated.